Four delicious days
Canadian and International delegates
With locals joining the fun
Events and tours showcasing our food heritage
Throughout the conference:
Slow Food Signature guided
Honey, Beer, Cheese, etc.
Thursday May 3rd
For early arriving national and international delegates and local attendees
(extra cost, not included in conference package)
“Ark of Taste” Pyrohy Dinner
Welcome Reception at the Hotel Selkirk after the Farm Tour
Official Conference Opens:
Ukrainian delicacies specially crafted with local organic ingredients
Includes local attendees
Friday May 4th
Slow Food Canada Meeting 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
Farm Tour and Lunch 11:30 to 2:00 pm
“Cook Together, Eat Together, Play Together”
Delegates will cook, play and eat together at The Hotel Selkirk in the restaurant kitchen
Come prepared with ideas:
You will be given specific beautiful Alberta ingredients, a team, a time and a task!
Cook up a pot of laughter and fun!
Saturday May 5th
Farmers’ Market Tour 8:30 to 11:30
Lunch Meeting 11:30 to 5:30 BRING regional foods for sharing!
Slow Food Canada Gala: “Roots, Shoots & Garden Boots”
30 national/international delegates, 170 local attendees
Dress up and wear your favourite garden boots, or don’t dress up, but do wear your favourite boots: this is a Gala, but there is no tux required!
Sponsored by the Enjoy Centre’s Prairie Bistro
Supported by local chefs and farmers
All funds go to Slow Food Canada.
Sunday May 6th
Slow Food Canada Meeting 8:30 to 11:00
Tour of Fort Edmonton Park 11:00 to 12:30
Farewell Lunch 12:30
Slow Food Edmonton Pot Luck
For delegates that fly our Monday 5:00 TBD
Conference Registration Information
NOTE: Registration must be paid by February 21, 2012
As to secure the entire Hotel Selkirk for the conference, we need 15 rooms booked each night, for the duration.
- The delegate package is $350 plus PayPal service charges.
- Thursday welcome reception
- Thursday night dinner and festivities
- Friday lunch and dinner ingredients
- Saturday lunch
- Roots Shoots and Garden Boots Gala dinner with the 8 course wine/beer/spirit pairing package included
- Sunday Fort Edmonton Guided Tour
- Sunday lunch
- One drink is included with each delegate dinner unless otherwise stated
- All transportation
- Airport pick up and return can be arranged through our Volunteer coordinator
- The entire heritage hotel in Fort Edmonton Park: The Hotel Selkirk has been secured from May 3 to May 6th and the conference delegate package so that we can STAY TOGETHER! It is only 100 per person per night which includes:
- All taxes
- One queen sized beds, or two twins
- Full cash bar service as needed
This hotel is booked exclusively for us and is happy to meet our every need as a group so this will be a very special community building opportunity and a whole lotta good ol’ Western prairie fun!
- Billeting: If you required a billet instead, please let Valerie know by February 21 and she will make the arrangements