Slow Food Edmonton Annual General Meeting January 24th 2013
Please join us for a dual meeting of Slow Food Edmonton. The meeting is open to all members. Non-members are encouraged to join us for the nominal price of $10.00 (please bring cash).
Thursday, January 24, 2013
Jasper Place High School, Global Cafe, 8950 – 163 street (park in the south lot and enter through the Industrial Arts doors)
Call 780-709-7902 if you get lost or need the door opened.
There is not a proper kitchen in this facility, so bring your food ready to serve: hot or cold. There is always plenty, so if you are not able to bring food this time, you can do it next time! Come and enjoy!
Business Meeting & AGM: 6:00 – 7:45 p.m.
Q & A Session moderated by Liane Faulder: GMO – setting the record straight 7:45 – 8:15
Purpose of the Business Meeting
- Vote on amendments to Slow Food Edmonton bylaws (see note below)
- RATIONALE FOR PROPOSED BYLAW AMENDMENTS: While we’re a bit out of step, we will be bringing to your attention for voting, several changes in our bylaws. The original bylaws were drafted using a provincial standard template under the Societies Act. Our intent for the proposed changes is to:
- reflect customization to Slow Food
- change in the date for the AGM to more appropriately follow after the fiscal year end so that the Treasurer’s yearly report and audited records may be presented then
- reflect move to email and other social media as ways of giving notice
- maintain consistency among all notices of meetings to eight days
The Annual General Meeting will cover the following:
- Election of Leader, Associate Leader, Secretary & Treasurer
- Presentation of financial statement
- Report from delegates to Terra Madre 2012
Click here: AgendaForAGM to read the agenda for the meeting.
Click here: SFE AGM 2011 Minutes to read minutes from the last AGM.
Please note that in all of our bylaws, wherever “written”, or “in writing” occurs, this will be understood to mean written word, and-or electronic forms such as email, electronic newsletter, website, FaceBook page and other social media.